Portable sandblasting equipment and media blasting equipment have become essential requirement of every industry. Especially, for those industries who have to encounter frequent rust, corrosion, debris and paints. Both, sand and media use air pressure to remove the dirt and reach into the deepest pitted area, without affecting the overall shape of the object. Media blasting equipment use aluminum oxide, urea and other plastic abrasives, white aluminum oxide, walnut shell grit, corn cob grit, pumice, glass beads, silicon carbide, crushed glass grit, steel shot and steel grit; for cleaning purpose. Portable sandblasting equipment is the most cost efficient way to perform cleaning in the welding shops, construction industry and industries that make equipments. It is also used for refinishing the boats, bricks, vehicles and monuments.
Features of portable sandblasting equipment:
Before buying portable sandblasting equipment, it is essential to evaluate it on several features. These features are:
1. Price: Price of the portable sandblasting equipment is an important feature that must be evaluated. If companies cannot afford to pay high cost of equipment then they can outsource the services from the third party or they can acquire the used equipment.
2. Supplier and manufacturer: Company must only buy the equipment from the certified manufacturer. This equipment must be needed to handle with proper care that is why it is essential to buy from the re-known and trusted manufacturing company.
3. Safety consideration: Equipment must come along with the safety guidelines. These guidelines must be self explanatory. So, that the employees can read safety precautions and can comply with them.
4. Environment friendly: The portable sandblasting equipment must also be environment friendly, which means that it does not have any adverse affects on the environment.
5. Size: The tanks that come along with the sandblasting must be portable and easy to handle. They must come in numerous sizes so that company can have options to select the one that suits their requirements.
6. Efficiency: Portable sandblasting equipment must work efficiently. It must produces in high quality results.
7. Other features: It must semi-automatic, at least. It must have choke valves and pressure gauges. It must have special control systems. It must require low maintenance cost. It must release the low pressure so that the original shape of the product remains unaffected. It must also have option for increasing the size of pipes.
Buy only that portable sandblasting equipment who is matching the above evaluating features.
Soda blasting equipment is used to safely strip the unwanted paints from the surface of materials. The equipment uses the soda for performing the cleaning process. The compressed air developed from the bicarbonate gas of soda is sprayed over the affected area of the material.
Soda blasting equipment needs to handle with extra care and attention. The staffs that are handling this equipment must have special training, as if compressor releases high pressure air; it can become reason for the fatal accidents.
There are many benefits of using the soda blasting equipment. Some of these are mentioned here:
1. Soda blasting equipment is used to remove the paint and stains from almost every material, even from the glass.
2. It is non toxic way to remove the stains that is why; considered as nature friendly.
3. It is used to neutralize the surface of the materials without harming them.
4. It has power to perform cleaning and de-coding at one step.
5. For using the soda blasting equipment, no pre-cleaning is required.
6. It is also used for reducing the waste of the solid materials.
7. It produces the natural rust inhibitor over the materials.
8. The cost of soda blasting equipment is also very affordable.
9. It uses the sodium bicarbonate as blasting media that can automatically flush the residue to the water. It also reduces the time of cleaning.
10. Soda blasting equipment does not result in sparking and odor production. It automatically disposes the dangerous solvents. It has special system to detect the cracks and remove them.
Media blasting equipment are also used to remove the dirt, debris, paints, oil, grease and other containments from the surface of many materials. This equipment uses different abrasives for performing the cleaning job. It uses the aluminum oxide, corn cob, white aluminum oxide, crushed glass grit, plastic abrasives, glass beads, silicon carbide grit, pumice, steel girt, steel shots and walnut shells for removing the stains.
No matter, which method of removing is adopted by the companies, but it should be handled very carefully. Both the soda blasting equipment and media blasting equipment are quite expensive. But, the facilities they are providing made it of reasonable prices. It is suggested that company should buy either of these equipments, in order to remove the stains, grease and other containments. It is the most safest and reasonable way to get rid of unwanted debris.
First we much check what media blasting actually is before we can check what it’s main usage is. Plastic media blasting is blasting process which uses dry abrasive. It is designed to replace chemical paint from surface. Plastic media blasting is therefore mainly used on aircrafts to clear their surface of paint.
Since plastic media blasting must be performed in a closed ventilated area which hangars where airplanes are is. Plastic media blasting is also a lot more cost effective then other types of stripping paint from airplanes. Although plastic medis blasting generates up to 50% less hazardous materials it is still dangerous. Safety precautions must therefore be made before you start with this kind of operation.
Plastic media blasting equipment does have it’s problem. Equipment used for it is not compatible with regular sandblasting equipment so initial investment costs can be quite high. But in the end, you will have nice profit with using this method.
There are different media blasting equipment we use. Most commonly used is soda blasting. Soda blasting is nothing else then media blasting equipment that uses sodium bicarbonate as media.
We also know other media blasting equipment. Apart soda blasting we use other media also, sand is most widely used because it’s easiest to get. We also know other media blasting equipment, aluminum oxide, corn cob, glass grit, steel grid, steel shot and many other.
Soda blasting is used most because sodium bicarbonate is one of best media blasting equipment. Sodium is not that hazardous to workers, it does not damage glass, chrome or fiberglass which is why it can be used more or less everywhere and it’s water soluable. The final effect is same as using sand as a media but the surface is a lot less damaged if you use sodium bicarbonate.
Shot peening is a process of surface modification with media blasting that is used in numerous different industry branches. Each industry has its own requirements, which call for specific machines and media.
For example, shot peening in metallurgy is used to smooth and harden metallic surfaces and welds. Numerous types of surface treatment machines are used in metallurgy, including small blast cabinets to big blast rooms. Mobile injectors and pressure blast machines are also used in field work. That is just one branch; there are many more branches, where shot peening is used. Tool cleaning, big foundry molds, glass product decoration, sensitive antique restoration, edge smoothing in plastic industry, renovation and cleaning of buildings (graffiti removal), stonecutting (tombstones), enameling and so on.
It is no wonder that many of those processes depend on consistent quality; no matter how fine materials you use or how precise products are, quality of the final product can in many cases be dependent on quality of shot peening. Shot peening quality is determined by shot peening machines (mobile or stationary blasting machines, blast rooms etc.), the media used (sand, dry ice, steel abrasives etc.) and the process itself (proper intensity and surface coverage).
Furthermore, the quality of blasting machine depends on its components and parts; there are several types of machines that pose health hazard for operators (dust in air, etc.) and have to be designed with health regulations in mind. Quality of filters can impact the worker’s health significantly. Quality of media can also determine the outcome of process; surface material may be fractured and thus rendered useless.
Therefore it is important to use a proper and quality tool for the job as well as experts in the field. To this end exist many companies that provide a wide range of shot peening services as well as machines.
Sandblasting is process with which you remove rust, color or anything else from surface.
Shot peening works similar to sandblasting but yet it’s completly different in a way. They both use similar equipment, majority of hten can basically be used for both operations. Main difference in operations is blating emdia they use. For sandblasting you can use many different media, and size and shape don’t matter that much. Here is where shot peening is completly different.
Shot peening reuires special round shaped media, called shots. These shots are then blsated to surface. And they dont’ remove anything from surface, but they kinda damage it. The idea here is that one shot makes small crater in surface, but if we makage to get shot to surface in optimal speed they change whole area in atomic level and don’t damage the surface.
With this we change mechanical properties of materials, making then more hard so they can sustain more hours of usage.